2014 Annual Meeting, February 13.
Schedule of HVWGA events:
Monthly peer review wine evaluations
- January: Chardonnay & Seyval
- February 19, at Benmarl Winery, 6PM, Riesling, Traminette, Gewürztraminer
- March 19, at Benmarl Winery, 6PM, White Hybrid Blends, Cayuga, Vidal
- April 22, at Benmarl 6pm Sparkling wine & cider
- May TBD, hybrid Reds, Dechaunac, Marquette, Frontenac, Noiret, Baco
- June TBD, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, Gamay, Merlot, Cab Sauvignon
- July TBD, Red Blends
- August TBD, Port, desert, Fruit, Sherry wines
- Tannin Management
- Fortified wine production, Port & Sherry
- Blending for Balance
Hudson Valley Wine Competition, September 6th, Duchess Co Fair Grounds
- Deadline for Entries, 8-1-2014
- Volunteers needed to work the Judging, free admission to HV Wine Festival & lunch.
Grape Leaf stem (Petiole ) Analysis
Total nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, copper, iron, boron and manganese. Free to HVWGA members. One per paid up Member, limit of 20 total samples. Additional samples from members at $24 per. Members responsible for collecting petiole samples at full bloom, 80% cap fall. HVWGA will collect and ship samples.
HVWGA Yearly Dues, $25, submitted no later than 3/31/14.
All events are free to members with paid up dues. Event price for non-members $15 each.